Freking & Betz Weekly
–Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Tipped workers in New York state have won a major victory, as Gov. Andrew Cuomo and the state's Hospitality Wage Board announce that their minimum wage, which had been frozen at $5 an hour, will be increased to $7.50 an hour starting December 31.
""We cannot always build the future for our youth, but we can build our youth for the future.""
- Teachers union rally in downtown L.A. draws thousands in call for contract demands
- At L.A. oil refinery, striking workers vent about long hours and stress
- One Overlooked Reason Walmart Gave Workers Raises
- Supreme Court seems to side with Muslim woman in discrimination case
- The Real Meaning of $9 an Hour
from University of Florida and University of Virginia
Men Do Better When Partners Fail: Really!
- Men who were told their romantic partner had scored in the bottom 12% on a test felt better about themselves than those who had partners who scored in the top 12%
- Female participants showed no such decline in their self-esteem based on their partners performance