Freking & Betz Weekly
Recently, the Department of Labor proposed a rule to bring overtime up-to-date. If the proposal goes into effect, an additional 5 million white-collar workers are expected to benefit from overtime. The Department of Labor wants to hear your voice on this proposal and until this Friday, September 4, 2015, they are taking comments on the proposed rule.
"Flattery is the infantry of negotiation"
- 18 Numbers That Show Why American Workers Really Need a Break This Weekend
- U.S. employers add 173,000 jobs in August; unemployment rate falls to 5.1%
- Inside the battle to overhaul overtime - and what it says about how lobbying has changed
- The pushback against unfair labor practices
- Georgia's Minimum Wage Is Still $5.15 An Hour
from Professors Arum and Rokska
Is College Worth the Time and Effort: Not If Critical Thinking Matters
- Only 45% of students demonstrated a significant improvement in critical thinking
- Average student only spends 9% of his or her time studying